Welcome to Room 121

Saturday, September 1, 2012

It is finally here - The First Day!!! :-)



Are you as excited as I am to be back at school? I sure hope so. I love the excitement of the first morning when everyone is just a wee bit apprehensive about whose class they will be in and which of their friends they will be with. Well, I will let you in on a little secret. Teachers get a wee bit nervous and apprehensive, too! We are always wondering about our new students and missing our old ones, too.

If you end up in Room 205, I will be pleased to be your teacher this year, and I hope that you like to use technology as a tool for learning.:-) I will be adding a couple of things to the supply list that were not there in June, as different teachers choose to use binders while others (at the same grade level) choose duotangs. I am asking Room 205 students to use binders, so if you end up in Room 205, you will need to bring a 2" binder and 2 packages of binder divider pages. You do not need to bring the paper, as I have lots left over from previous years. Please do not bring any 'fancy' binders like those with zippers. We will be storing them on a shelf that doesn't have too much room. You don't even have to buy a new binder. If you already have a binder at home, please bring that one. We don't need anything fancy - just something to keep your work organized in. This year we will be going as paperless as we can, so a lot of your work will be on an iPad or a computer. You may also be asked to bring a duotang for French or Phys. Ed., but the teacher who is going to teach you those subjects will let you know for sure.

Enjoy the last of your holiday, and I will see you soon,
Mrs. Porritt :-)