Welcome to Room 121

Saturday, September 5, 2015

THIS WEEK: Monday, September 7 - Sunday, September 13, 2015

Wow! Where did that week go? Our first week in Room 121 was a whirlwind, but a great one! I am very excited to be working with the awesome 29 students who walked through the door of the classroom this past week. I am sure that next week will be just as wonderful.

Please be sure to check our online calendar (link on right hand menu) often, as the students are helping me to ensure that it is kept up-to-date. The calendar will inform the students (and parents) of upcoming events as well as project/assignment due dates.

I hope the students have had an opportunity to discuss with you the 'method' they have chosen for their agenda. Their choices were to use their electronic device, the online agenda on our class site (right hand menu) or a paper copy. I do not check agendas, but I do check for unfinished assignments, forms not returned, etc. so I will have my eye on them. :-)

Once we get everything up and running smoothly, I will be adding in some online assignments each week. They will be listed in this section of our class site, and they will be due every Sunday night. I will always provide some class time to work on them, but frequently the students will need to do some of the work from home. These online assignments will include Math, Reading and Typing.

If you have any questions, please contact me. On that note, I am still missing a few parent email addresses, so if you could get those to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope to meet all of you at our Open House on September 15th. I will be having 2 presentations - one at 6:00 and one at 6:30. Please choose one or the other.

FOR NEXT WEEK: if you would like to save yourself some time, and be prepared, you can download the Math Patterns & Equations epub book from Google Classroom (attached to Math Unit 1 Patterns and Equations assignment OR from our classroom DropBox). You will also need a collage app for Science. If you are on a classroom iPad, you will be using PicCollage (paid app), but if you are on your own iPad, any collage creation app should work. I know that InstaCollage (free app) will work for us, as I tried it out. )


MATH: If your son/daughter misses a Math lesson, or needs some review, I have created Math videos that match my lessons in the classroom. Below are links to last week's lesson and this week's Math lesson. All of the videos can be found on the Math Support link (right hand menu) of our class site.

This week in Math, we will be working on Unit 1 Patterns and Equations. We will be completing Lesson 1.1 Input/Output Machines (video) (TryIt p. 6 Pearson eText) and Lesson 1.2 Patterns From Tables (video) (SeeIt p. 12 Pearson eText).