Welcome to Room 121

Monday, June 25, 2012

San Diego - Day 2

Today, we had the Conference Kick-off, and that was interesting. At first, the speakers dressed as Star Wars characters, and then Sonny and Cher. We were given some hints on 'how to make the most of our conference experience,' so we would be ready for Monday - the first 'real' day of fun, fun, fun!

We still had a fair amount of free time, so we went sightseeing again. This time we went to some of their malls, and they are pretty neat. As they have such gorgeous weather all year round, the malls are outside malls with some very interesting architecture. The first mall we went to wasn't even open yet as it was early morning, but that was okay, as we weren't really there to shop, just to look at the neat buildings and layout of the mall. It was four stories high, but as I have an 'issue' with heights, we didn't make it up to the fourth floor!



































































After the Conference Kick-off, we went to one of their 'high-fashion' malls, and this time even though it was open, I still didn't go into many stores!!!! Tiffany, Coach, Gucci - not my kind of store! Oops, but there was one store there I DID go into! Can you guess what it was?


Yes, Kirk, I did buy something at the Apple Store. I bought another mouse, as I had forgotten mine at home, and I bought one of Apple's new Smart Cases for my iPad. :-)